Krupa Monastery is perched near the source of the Krupa River under Mount Velebit, in an enchanting water valley. It was built in 1317 and according to tradition its foundations were built by the monks from present monastery of today’s Bosanka Krupa. For the first time from its foundation, it was renewed during the rule of the Serbian Emperor Dušan , in 1345. It was destroyed many times but always renewed preserving valuable testimonies of time. The frescos in the monastery were painted by monk Georgije Mitrofanović, who painted the Hilandar dining room on Holy Mount Atos in Greece. Icons of the Italian – Cretan School are preserved in Krupa work of Jovan Apaka, and the monastery archives preserve 22 Turkish edicts.
The small Krupa River flows into the Zrmanja River and regardless of its short river flow, it creates 19 falls, and the most beautiful one is Deveterac (the ninth), according to nine travertine cascades that end with a 13-metre-high fall.